Actually, I don't like his work on Spears' very much. I was wondering why this was at first, because I normally love his work, and I decided that it must be because Spears does not have a voice that is suited to ballads or slower music in the slightest. She has a voice that is suited to dance music, but she is not a good singer, so slow songs that require alot of emotion or vocal performance are not good songs for her.
While I'm thinking of it, though, I want to talk about Frou Frou. This is a band consisting of Imogen Heap and Guy Sigsworth, and it is quite amazing. They only made one album and they don't plan to make another, but their album is so good I'm fine with it. It's an excellent techno-pop kind of album. Very ethereal sound, some great vocals from Imogen Heap.
Speaking of which, Heap's new album is supposed to be out soon, and I can't wait! She really is my musical idol, and I have heard samples from the new album on her vlog on youtube. It's going to be quite an amazing album, but unfortunately it's not scheduled for release until March. This wouldn't be a bad thing at all, except that Heap was going to try to make it available in early January, and I really want to hear it!
It is really interesting watching vlogs about her process of writing, though. Makes me think about my own process, really. It also makes me want my own studio, but that's a goal that is not forseeable in the near future. Someday when I am a worl-famous musician (which is totally going to happen), I will be able to afford a top of the line studio in my own house. That day is far away, sadly.
But that's all I really have to talk about, so see you later, internet!
Speaking of which, Heap's new album is supposed to be out soon, and I can't wait! She really is my musical idol, and I have heard samples from the new album on her vlog on youtube. It's going to be quite an amazing album, but unfortunately it's not scheduled for release until March. This wouldn't be a bad thing at all, except that Heap was going to try to make it available in early January, and I really want to hear it!
It is really interesting watching vlogs about her process of writing, though. Makes me think about my own process, really. It also makes me want my own studio, but that's a goal that is not forseeable in the near future. Someday when I am a worl-famous musician (which is totally going to happen), I will be able to afford a top of the line studio in my own house. That day is far away, sadly.
But that's all I really have to talk about, so see you later, internet!
AJ -
ReplyDeleteWhen you're a world-famous musician, hopefully you'll remember all us little people! Sounds like music is a big influence in your life - are there any kinds of music you absolutely won't listen to?
- Kathleen
Kathleen-
ReplyDeleteThere are specific kinds of music that I don't enjoy as much, but there isn't any music that I refuse to listen to, I don't think. I used to be very opinionated about music and what I would listen to, but I have tried to get away from that attitude, after realizing that genre never EVER dictates quality. Now I find that view, that certain genres of music are just bad, to be quite infuriating. What kinds of music do you like?
I really like Brittany Spears new CD. I feel like no matter what happeneds in her life she is still making music, that's pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love Britney Spears! She is my favorite artist of all time :)
ReplyDeleteActually, what I think is so interesting and cool about Britney Spears is that though her voice has degenerated (I think this is quite sad, actually), she continues to be put in positions to make millions with good music that is arguably not her own. It's cool that many of her albums are collaborative processes between her producers and writers, and that is what I find interesting about it.
ReplyDeleteI will say that I am glad that she seems to have bounced back from her rough patches. Good for her!
I love Britney Spears new CD and I hope she gets better and makes more CDs.
ReplyDelete