The general format is alot of fun. It starts at 8:00pm every Tuesday in the CVA. The Mafia plays short comedy games for half an hour, followed by a half-hour longform that often forms some sort of story or is linked in some way. The short games consist of things like "Shoulda Said," where two improvisers act a scene while two others watch on the sidelines. If the watchers don't like what the actors said, they say "shoulda said," and the actor has to make up a different line in place of what they just said.
The night is always opened with three short games designed to get the audience energized and involved. The two that remain constant in those opening games are "I like my men/women like I like my
The longform varies in structure from week to week, and sometimes they have a special theme for it, like last month wherein they involved other performance groups on campus, or last week, in which the longform was a TV sitcom. Audience members were encouraged to bring props and costume pieces to use for the duration of the sitcom. The audience suggested the title, which was determined to be "Halloween Costume Store," and a moral for the episode, which centered around friendship.
Improv Mafia meets every Tuesday at 8:00pm in CVA 145, and it's free, and it's hilarious, so you owe it to yourself to go!
My friend went there and she loved it! she said it was really funny so we're planning to go soon!
ReplyDeleteI went and saw them and they were hilarious and I would go again and again.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool I had no idea they had that..I def want to go see it
ReplyDeleteThey are hilarious! My friend, Mitch, is in Improv and they do some crazy stuff! I would definitely recommend going to see them! It's such a blast!
ReplyDeleteI have heard how good they are i just havent gotten a chance to see it...
ReplyDelete