Cowboy Bebop is the story of a group of bounty hunters (also known as cowboys) in the future who travel the galaxy in their ship called the Bebop in search of bounties. The four main characters are Spike, the thin, green-haired, sarcastic protagonist, Jet, a large bald man with facial hair and a metal arm, Faye, who can be summed up as the hot chick (she has boobs, it's important, trust me), and Crazy Edward, the random comic relief hacker, who is female, but whose gender is kept ambiguous as a running joke.
A lot of the appeal of the show, for me at least, lies in the soundtrack. It is full of catchy jazz numbers primarily, but covers a gargantuan range of music when taken in its entirety. The music is used to great effect to enhance the storytelling in the show, as well as in the incredible Cowboy Bebop Movie.
It's a really fun one to get into, especially if you have interest in anime. The animation is good, the stories are awesome, the soundtrack is incredible, and all of the characters are quirky and fun. Plus there are plenty of episodes that have little to nothing to do with the actual underlying story, so it is easy to jump in and out of watching as you please. I highly recommend Cowboy Bebop!
That's all I have to say for now. Later, internet!
Sounds very interesting. I have never heard of it or seen it. I will have to watch it sometime on possibly You Tube?
ReplyDeleteyeah, i don't really watch much tv anymore either. i have never heard of this show though
ReplyDeleteI've heard of this show but I've never actually taken the time to watch it.
ReplyDeleteI've never actually seen this show, but a friend of mine downloaded the theme song and played it one time while we were hangin' out and I loved it. So now I have it and I like to play it in the car and drive really fast.
ReplyDelete