The short answer is that I am motivated. Whether that is a function of my Attention Deficit Disorder or something completely unrelated, I don't know, but I have always struggled against debilitating motivation issues. I failed an algebra course in high school because of it. It wasn't that I didn't understand the material, because I did, completely. What happened was that I didn't do the homework.
You would think that I would learn not to do that, but it came back freshman year of college. I failed an English class, because I got behind on homework, and once I get behind on something, it feels nearly impossible to catch back up. The work piles up faster than I can get it done, and I tend to just give up. I stopped going to class and got a failing grade because of it. That is, in fact, why I am in this class now.
I guess I'm saying all this to say that I'm sorry. I know I am bad about this and I am going to try harder, but it is just so difficult for me, and I don't know why sometimes.
The problem is that I just don't care about schoolwork. I generally care just enough not to fail, nowhere near enough to excel. There's no way for me to force myself to care about something that I don't find personally important. Music is important to me, so I do well in classes related to it. English, I am good at, but it just doesn't matter to me. Neither does math nor science, and not even art anymore.
Anyway, there it is. My motivation issues laid out for the internet to see. Sorry about the lateness.
wow!I think you should look at classes and homework assignemts that you find uninteresting as a step towards helping you to be surrounded in music. That is if you want a career in music.
ReplyDelete